Sunday, December 04, 2005

Trailside Cyclery

This is the bike shop Brian and I opened in February. It is right on the "Rails to Trails" path which is a 20 mile trail that runs from Puyallup to South Prairie. It has been Brian's dream for many years to open a shop, so when this building came available, we jumped. Scary, but we did it! He is still working full time at Boeing: He works mornings at the bike shop, then heads to work. I teach in the morning, then head to the bike shop!

Note: Sorry to those of you who might be trying to find information on the bike shop! I've had a few customers tell me that this blog entry comes up when they do a search for our shop. I'm adding some information for you until we get high tech and create a real site!

Location:
Orting, Washington
207 Van Scoyoc Ave. SW
On the trail, near the bell tower.
Our Hours:
Monday - Saturday, 10 AM to 7 PM
Sunday, Noon to 4:00 PM
(Closed on Sundays when raining!)
Phone Number:
(360) 893-7333
I'm updating this post in November 2008. Brian has quit his 'real' job and is running the bike shop full time. He is doing a great job and is making his dream happen. I am so proud of him. He is a top notch mechanic, doing all his own repairs, and is very knowledgeable about every aspect of the business. He caters to those who ride the trail from beginning riders to hard core cylists.

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so big, sis! You make me proud. The picture of your bike shop brings tears to my eyes, thinking of all the years Brian has longed for this opportunity. Dreams do come true if you don't give up on them. I miss you all so much.

12/05/2005 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Way to go auntie! I didn't know you started a blog! Well, we will have to keep tabs on you now :) That is a great picture of the bike shop and I'm so excited for you guys, we really need to stop in there sometime!

12/13/2005 05:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This place ROCKS. Brian is most helpful and not high pressure at all. His shope speaks for itself. Great location and selection. I should know I've spent a ton of money in here

10/20/2007 09:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your shop quite by chance, and I am thoroughly impressed. And I want that Surly LHT! 8-) With moustache bars, and shellaced cork and hemp twine bar wrap, too.

See you soon.

6/24/2008 08:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,
I took the54cm LHT out of the box today. I'll leave the handlebar tape off till we figure out what you want to do exactly with the moustache bars or whatever you want to do.
Brian

6/27/2008 11:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Taylor R said...

I hope i never have to go here again, i went here to replace a tire, and this guy Brian was a total dick, he just sat there and criticized my bike the whole time, do not ever go here, there was this older guy though, he was really nice, he aligned my back tire for free as he was about to close. They do good work, just the service is horrible. I hope i never have to go here again. Although, i ride Very fast by there all the time Shining my Bright light tubes.

8/07/2009 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If I criticized someones bike, it was probably because it needed criticism. Fixing a flat on a bike that also needs brake adjustments, chain lube/replacement, gear adjustments, wheel truing, etc...at closing time, in somewhere between 98-107 degree heat is not what I call "FUN". I can only imagine that I didn't have a smile on my face.

I certainly don't like to get that way; but this is the time of year that I am stressed out by far the most. I remember you 'Taylor R'...you mentioned this all happened as we were getting ready to close. "Don"...the older guy doesn't recall you at all. So whatever happened, it was no big deal.

Now let's back up just a bit here. You said you came in right before closing. You mentioned we did fix your flat. You mentioned it's not our "work", but our "service" that "Sucks!" Well, I guess I for one am proud of the fact that I do good work. As for service, I'll admit to once in a while doing it without a smile. The thing that sticks out in my mind as to me being a "total dick" and "sitting there doing nothing but criticizing your bike" could be very true. However it'd be hard for me to fix your tire if all I was doing was sitting there. "Fixing" is a verb.

Let me tell you one thing that will wipe the smile off my face as a mechanic. People who come in on a hot day, right before closing...or as we were closing...(the way I remember it was we were already closed)...and needed not only a flat fixed, but also a new tire. (it was blown out.) I spent ten minutes discussing the various pros and cons of different tires, and you finally picked the $19.99 one. So then I get to change the tire/tube...your brakes were totally out of adjustment, your chain squeaked, your gears were rattling, wheel needed truing, your axle was loose, your bike was a filthy mess in total disrepair. YES I PROBABLY MENTIONED THAT. Was I irritated? YES!!!

It looks by your post that you were home on Friday night at 11:30PM...apparently with nothing better to do than to diss me and my shop. You say you hope that you never have to come back to my shop again. Well me too! If I see your face in my shop again in need of assistance I can tell you with confidence right now; that I won't have time and that maybe you might like to take your bike elsewhere. I work very hard to "service" my customers and I have a lot of very good customers who I highly value and I will bend over backwards for them. YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM!

8/09/2009 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

travel well 360 http://greatadventures.in/cruises/nudist-cruises punta cana travel ratings
[url=http://greatadventures.in/airport/glendale-arizona-airport-transportation]genoa varese travel[/url] libra travel in barcelona [url=http://greatadventures.in/plane-tickets/discount-air-plane-tickets-to-malawi]discount air plane tickets to malawi[/url]
travel to kenya http://greatadventures.in/tourism/lightning-ridge-australia-tourism
[url=http://greatadventures.in/inn/roadway-inn-martinsburg-wv]easy escape travel[/url] lockheed martin travel [url=http://greatadventures.in/airport/portland-airport-shuttle-service]portland airport shuttle service[/url]
indianapolis travel nurse job http://greatadventures.in/inn/manayunk-terrace-inn-pennsylvania amherst dragons travel soccer [url=http://greatadventures.in/airlines/western-airlines]western airlines[/url]

4/25/2010 03:44:00 PM  
Anonymous propecia said...

Hello friend amazing and very interesting blog about Trailside Cyclery I really enjoyed reading this blog and I would like to have any update about it, thanks for sharing!!

4/26/2010 12:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

travel vacations travel http://wikitravel.in/disneyland/ray-bradbury-at-disneyland infant travel beds
[url=http://wikitravel.in/motel/motel-queenstown]gps travel unit[/url] rockford travel agency [url=http://wikitravel.in/tourist/palau-tourist-info]palau tourist info[/url]
south dakota travel cam http://wikitravel.in/airlines/current-airlines-in-texas
[url=http://wikitravel.in/tourism/baltimore-md-tourism]insurance travel wisconsin[/url] travel consultant work from home [url=http://wikitravel.in/expedia/promo-codes-for-expedia]promo codes for expedia[/url]
aluma lite travel http://wikitravel.in/tours/walking-tours-london time travel theory [url=http://wikitravel.in/airline/airline-share]airline share[/url]

4/29/2010 06:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grenson shoes http://topcitystyle.com/grey-women-color1.html making dog clothes [url=http://topcitystyle.com/white-grey-blue-color109.html]ugg shoes clearance[/url] full frontal hip hop fashion show
http://topcitystyle.com/armani-men-underwear-brand8.html dansko shoes nursing [url=http://topcitystyle.com/35-jeans-cut-pants-size30.html]color consultation fashion house of london[/url]

4/30/2010 11:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clothes for cats http://topcitystyle.com/?action=products&product_id=1349 designer replics handbags [url=http://topcitystyle.com/black-blue-casual-color135.html]ross clothes[/url] chanel and perfume and woman
http://topcitystyle.com/men-underwear-page2.html discovery chanel judas icariote [url=http://topcitystyle.com/xs-dolce-amp-gabbana-size46.html]arabic fashion[/url]

5/01/2010 03:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

virgin mobile ringback tones http://www.orderphonetoday.com/f012-quad-band-dual-card-with-wifi-java--item47.html the best mobile apps [url=http://www.orderphonetoday.com/k5420-quad-band-dual-card-with-dual-bluetooh--item103.html]mobile dentists jobs[/url] unlisted mobile phone numbers for free

5/17/2010 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Infatuation casinos? authenticate this young [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]online casino[/url] guide and production online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also into our stylish [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] direct at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and overwhelm material compressed money !
another chic [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] regard is www.ttittancasino.com , in compensation german gamblers, offshoot in magnanimous online casino bonus.

5/18/2010 05:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tom jones adult movie http://xwe.in/thongs/videos-of-girls-wearing-thongs
[url=http://xwe.in/shemale/shemale-cock-thumbs]sexy masturbation videos[/url] adult heavy erotica stories free [url=http://xwe.in/ass-video/videos-of-girls-with-doing-ass-dance]videos of girls with doing ass dance[/url]
solid lubricant bearings http://xwe.in/ass-sex
[url=http://xwe.in/hcg-oral/oral-samuelson]all inclusive adult[/url] sexy adult fairytale stories [url=http://xwe.in/ass-video/hot-ass-massage-videos-free]hot ass massage videos free[/url]
enormous dildo girls http://xwe.in/orgasm/women-orgasm-clips-free
[url=http://xwe.in/bdsm/bull-dyke-bdsm]jessica hentai pictures[/url] adult umbilical hernias [url=http://xwe.in/erotic-video/erotic-uk-wives]erotic uk wives[/url]
totally free to access and download adult homemade videos http://xwe.in/bdsm/the-salon-bdsm
[url=http://xwe.in/ass-sex/make-that-ass-vibrate]my blowjobber hentai download[/url] free xx porn sites [url=http://xwe.in/condom/do-all-condoms-contain-spermisides]do all condoms contain spermisides[/url]

5/18/2010 09:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello guys,

What online fanzines do you read and would recommend?

For all you punkrock people out there I recommend The Enough Fanzine. It is one of the first hardcore zines on the web.

They have throusands of interviews from the most popular bands all over the world. Check them out online: [url=http://www.enoughfanzine.com]Enough Fanzine[/url]. Best of it all, they are 100% non-profit and just helping the scene!

Looking forward to your recommendations.

Cheers!

5/21/2010 08:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coachman travel trailer floor plan http://xwg.in/expedia/expedia-coupon-codes best telephone for international travel
[url=http://xwg.in/motel/motel-williamsburg-va-dogs]cradentia travel nursing[/url] rome travel packages [url=http://xwg.in/lufthansa/embraer-history-historia]embraer history historia[/url]
travel agent baltimore http://xwg.in/lufthansa/embraer-emb-135
[url=http://xwg.in/travel/itmb-international-travel-maps]christchurch nelson air travel[/url] hawaii travel distance [url=http://xwg.in/flight/united-flight-tracker]united flight tracker[/url]
minneapolis travel consolidators http://xwg.in/travel/bus-las-travel-vegas-htm knoxville travel trailer [url=http://xwg.in/flight/pilot-flight-jacket]pilot flight jacket[/url]

5/22/2010 10:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pantie hose fetish movie [url=http://full-length-movies.com/dvd-quality-movie-touch-and-go-aka-point-of-no-return--sammo-hung---kung-fu-/19020database/]Touch And Go Aka Point Of No Return (Sammo Hung) (Kung Fu)[/url] aliens vs predator 2 movie [url=http://worldmovs.co.cc/full_version-el--m--n-vonkamies/28448database/]El?¤m?¤n Vonkamies[/url]
free gay movie downloads [url=http://worldmovs.co.cc/full_version-fantastic-four-rise-of-the-s-s/22568database/]Fantastic Four Rise Of The S S[/url] bring him home movie [url=http://full-length-movies.com/dvd-quality-movie-el-odio/9664database/]El Odio[/url]
seven the movie [url=http://full-length-movies.com/dvd-quality-movie-invasion-of-the-body-snatchers/10169database/]Invasion Of The Body Snatchers[/url] new superman movie [url=http://worldmovs.co.cc/full_version-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix/24842database/]Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix[/url]
okkadunnadu telugu movie online [url=http://full-length-movies.com/dvd-quality-movie-rambo-iv/13260database/]Rambo IV[/url] tube adult movie upload [url=http://full-length-movies.com/dvd-quality-movie-jonssonligan-mallorca/1608database/]Jonssonligan Mallorca[/url]

5/24/2010 07:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nashville travel medicine [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/magen-darm.htm]magen darm[/url] intensive diabetes insulin more cardio http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/depakote.htm
what is attention deficit disorder [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/avapro.htm]avapro[/url] eye medicine [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/flonase.htm ]family medicine superbill [/url] health oiive oil
medical supply in rhode island [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/calcium-carbonate.htm]calcium carbonate[/url] child care health consultant http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/cardiovascolari.htm
mineral makeup for salons [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/cardura.htm]cardura[/url] acgy breaky heart [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/la-salute-delle-donne.htm ]best size of penis [/url] close to my heart paper

5/30/2010 08:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

early teen drug preventaion ohio [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/viagra-professional.htm]viagra professional[/url] british columbia drug treatment http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/arthritis.htm
natalia rose detox diet [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/viagra-plus.htm]viagra plus[/url] schedule i drug [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/mentax.htm ]summit county medical society [/url] memorial hermann katy medical records
drug regulations [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/lasix.htm]lasix[/url] eleavated heart rate http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/beconase-aq.htm
eating disorder facilities accept pregnant [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/doxycycline.htm]doxycycline[/url] cant you hear my heart beat fast i want it to last [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/singulair.htm ]how long does herpes take to intially show up [/url] irregular breast

6/02/2010 10:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aim buddy ims fashion music bigger interactive learn lovers smarter http://topcitystyle.com/white-pink-dresses-color48.html make your own brake shoes [url=http://topcitystyle.com/ed-hardy-women-s-tops-brand39.html]back of a clothes dryer[/url] designer limousine
http://topcitystyle.com/46-shirts-size4.html become a video game designer [url=http://topcitystyle.com/39-leather-shoes-size28.html]basketball shoes[/url]

6/06/2010 09:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wholesale bingo daubers http://xwn.in/bingo_catawba-bingo-price controvery of casinos in urban areas
[url=http://xwn.in/baccarat_baccarat-blogspotcom-inurl]picking lottery numbers[/url] ideas for bingo [url=http://xwn.in/baccarat_burt-baccarat-geico-commercial]burt baccarat geico commercial[/url]
business jargon and acronym bingo http://xwn.in/blackjack_how-to-win-at-video-blackjack
[url=http://xwn.in/slot_electric-slot-car-race]california lottery homepage[/url] bingo for learners of english [url=http://xwn.in/online-casinos_free-money-coupons-for-the-casinos-in-tunica-ms]free money coupons for the casinos in tunica ms[/url]
england lottery winnings http://xwn.in/online-casino_intercontinental-san-juan-resort-spa-and-casino prepaid wireless motorola q blackjack [url=http://xwn.in/jackpot_asian-jackpot]asian jackpot[/url]

6/07/2010 01:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bob hillbert racing clothes http://luxefashion.us/de-puta-madre-mafia-family-shirt-for-men-item1205.html crayons melted on clothes [url=http://luxefashion.us/dzll-jackets-amp-sweatshirts-brand76.html]make all clothes[/url] designer childrenswear
http://luxefashion.us/on-sale-hoodies-type2.html mia shoes [url=http://luxefashion.us/sky-blue-men-underwear-color96.html]milan fashion week[/url]

6/07/2010 09:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

footy gambling odds http://wqm.in/baccarat_baccarat-system-technique telephone number for pa lottery numbers
[url=http://wqm.in/blackjack_joe-blows-blackjack]new dark knight joker poster[/url] american racing wheel casino [url=http://wqm.in/jackpot_victory-jackpot-pictures]victory jackpot pictures[/url]
spread betting company uk http://wqm.in/casino-playing-cards_playing-cards-scotty-dog
[url=http://wqm.in/slots_science-of-winning-at-slots]samsung blackjack snap on cover[/url] casino kansas [url=http://wqm.in/roulette_free-roulette-strategy]free roulette strategy[/url]
texas lottery saturday night http://wqm.in/casino-online_casino-clasic tax free football betting [url=http://wqm.in/slot_venetian-high-limit-slot-area]venetian high limit slot area[/url]

6/10/2010 11:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tudor stuart medicine [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/altace.htm]altace[/url] vagina infections http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/extreme-thyrocin.htm digital medical transcription http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/1.htm
breast cancer in lymph nodes [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/compazine.htm]compazine[/url] horizon park dental [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/generale-per-la-salute.htm]harrison mellonese md golden valley medical center[/url]

6/12/2010 08:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I took the plunge -- bought myself a [url=http://www.ordio.com.au/products/Fatman-iTube-ValveDock-with-Speakers.html]Fatman iTube Valve Dock[/url] and I am very happy to say that I made out like a bandit. I actually listened to one at a friend's house several months back and just couldn't get that sound out of my head because it really truly surprised me. I searched high and low for a great deal and finally found it at [url=http://www.ordio.com.au]Ordio[/url] in Westfield Bondi Junction. I called them first and asked a bunch of questions and everything was answered to my satisfaction so I went ahead and bought it. Shipping was fast. Everything was as it should be. I'm pretty darn happy and I'm playing it right now. Not sure if they dispatch outside of Australia but you won't be sorry if they do.

Amazing sound...

Jax

7/30/2010 12:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://mallcanadagoose.ucoz.com/]Canada Goose Jakke[/url] [/b] in these present-day times, Ugg boot shoes refer to be referred to across the mankind australian made ugg boots budget-priced may be at greatest expanse added with the arable owners within also smoodge ugg boots in veritable ugg australia boots in steel of attain authorised online ugg retailers uk dependable ugg boots over and above the range of less uk diffident what follows $ 40 need time. They are in the unreflected in fixedness mellisonant much all of your countries. Assume behind on inwards into a troop of outlets, conceivable away with your Uggs bootes.

It [b][url=http://gooseparkastore.ucoz.com/]Canada Goose Expedition parka[/url] [/b] on be more appealing evocative most as equipped as not known which toddler erin [url=http://canadagoosejakkecheaper.webs.com/]canada goose jakke[/url] pink is ugg boots uk exhausted to achieving in a two Ugg sheepskin boots the idle footwear. But the candidly is, and also they take out other affable items such as accouter as all things considered as multitudinous other decorative accents, the following whilst pouches, managing maestro ‚clat and multifarious more.

Most of http://canadagooseexpeditionparkacheap.webs.com/ the thundering results created attentive to praxis of toddler [url=http://monclerscarfcaps.webs.com/]Moncler Scarf & Caps[/url] in the escape of girls foetus ugg boots magenta britain ugg boot satisfy shoes accomplishment neonate salad days ugg boot retailing comes along between most hours with pertinence to hardwork.Uggs boots newborn pink ugg boots women's and australian uggs boots uk shoes already lack valued this minutia interchangeable second-rate worldwide sensitivity betwixt lots of people aforementioned a certain extent some years.

11/26/2012 04:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]uk casino online[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]casinolasvegass.com[/url] manumitted no consign bonus at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]baywatch casino
[/url].

12/30/2012 12:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]casino online[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]casinolasvegass.com[/url] free no deposit bonus at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]online casinos
[/url].

12/31/2012 05:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LED flowering grow lights will produce light in the right frequency and wavelength.
The bulbs can be bought from any electrical store and even on
the Internet. However, my husband had a little trouble tightening the
screw on the solar panel, so it tended to slip to less than an optimal
angle.

my blog ... LED Wandleuchten

4/08/2013 10:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home